David Villa has revealed the reasons why he dumps Barcelona FC for the New York City. The striker said a lot on the reasons why he left Barcelona after three seasons at the Catalan club. However, Villa was signed by Barcelona from Valencia in 2010. In 2013 he joined Atletico Madrid. After Atletico he moved to New York. Villa explained: “I just decided to leave because I had lost my starting spot. I have always tried to be realistic about where I am, where I can go, I lost my place and I was not playing as much for technical reasons. “The easy path would have been staying at Barcelona, to keep winning titles, prestige and reputation, but I wanted to be on the pitch. I looked for a way out.” The former Spain international forward stressed: “But then the media turned it into something else, when it was that simple: I did not want to be on the bench more than the pitch.” Speaking about a broken leg during his second season at Barca, Villa said: “I have had a lot of luck, but that was very serious. I suffered with that injury, I learned a lot, when you are not used to it you think it is easier. I did not feel like a footballer because I went to games but I was in the dressing room or the stands.” He also remembered 5-0 Clasico victory over Real Madrid as one of the high points.

Post a Comment

 
Top